Date Added: 15 June 2022
: 24 June 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Louie French MP (Old Bexley and Sidcup)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
We are seeking a full-time caseworker to be based principally in Sidcup, but with the flexibility to work from Louie’s Westminster office.
• drafting responses to constituent emails and letters, including on constituency casework issues and general policy queries;
• providing constituents with information, advice and support over the telephone and in writing;
• ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive, confidential and timely manner;
• working independently to manage the caseload and progress of casework;
• liaising with Government agencies, voluntary groups and local businesses;
• attending advice surgeries in the constituency and local meetings where necessary; and
• carrying out other duties as may be required to support the efficient running of Louie’s office
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Well organised with an ability to process large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to prioritise a varied workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a small team.
• Good IT skills including knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages.
• Previous experience in a customer facing role would be helpful.
• A full current driving licence would be helpful but not essential.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party and will ideally have strong links to Old Bexley and Sidcup.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 June 2022
Interviews are likely to be held in the week following the closing date. We expect the successful candidate to be able to start work no later than August 2022.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you believe you would be best suited to the role. Please mark the subject title ‘Application for Caseworker’.
Any queries should be directed to email@example.com or 020 7219 5446