Date Added: 15 June 2022
: 6 July 2022
Job Title: Campaigns and Public Affairs Coordinator
Working For: Islamic Relief Worldwide
Salary: £34,411 per annum (Inclusive of LW)
Length of Contract: 'Permanent'
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 38 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Campaigns and Public Affairs Coordinator’ based out of its offices in Waterloo, London.
The successful candidate must have or be:
• Excellent written communication skills including the ability to produce copy for a range of stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to build and maintain coalitions.
• Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to explain complex concepts to non- specialist audiences
• Strong campaigns planning and delivery skills
• Strong project management and team coordination skills, including ability to use/produce GANTT charts and/or other planning tools
• Strong networking and people skills
• Strong budget management skills, including the ability to manipulate and present data using Excel
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads in a busy work environment
• Skilled at negotiating with suppliers and vendors.
• Advanced knowledge of the British Muslim community including a strong understanding of the key stakeholders and representative bodies.
• Knowledge of the UK political landscape including the relationship between constituents and elected representatives and the types of policy processes relevant to a humanitarian and development NGO.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
• screening clearance
• proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
• criminal records check
• receipt of satisfactory references
Closing Date: 6 July 2022
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 20/07/2022.