Date Added: 15 June 2022
: 29 June 2022
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Salary: £25,000 pa
Length of Contract: Internship
Blackstock is a leading strategic consultancy focused on the built environment. Our award-winnibg team is known for being creative, rigorous and highly effective, whether that is securing media coverage or creating high impact reports looking into emerging policy and technology trends.
Our clients include major developers, global invesors, great estates, and some of Europe’s hottest tech firms. Uniquely, Blackstock produces podcasts in-house and regularly provides analysis on TV and radio (viewable on our YouTube page). We work at the highest level and our original award-winning reports are widely cited and considered in Government.
We want someone energetic who is committed, outgoing with great written English and a proven interest in journalism and the media. You don’t need to have experience working in real assets, but you do need to have meticulous English and be confident dealing with people at all levels.
Key roles and responsibilities:
● Undertake basic market research to support a story and provide context
● Support the team’s Head of Policy in our ongoing research projects
● Actively participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
● Dissect a news story, explain what makes it interesting & its market context or impact
● Keep pace of the news agenda
● Demonstrate core writing skills across press releases, op-eds, blogs and comments
● Demonstrate a good understanding of current affairs and issues related to cities
Candidates must demonstrate:
● First-class writing abilities and professional spoken English
● Willingness to learn and ability to pick up things quickly
● Willingness to help on administrative tasks when required
● An ability to be responsive and adaptable to feedback
● A positive attitude
● Commitment, passion and enthusiasm in all activities
Closing Date: 29 June 2022
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. We may appoint someone before the closing date. We typically offer permanent roles to high-performing interns.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter explaining how you meet our criteria and a non-academic writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only respond to successful applicants.
17/06/2022 - Salary amended.