Date Added: 17 June 2022
: 30 June 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary & Engagement Assistant
Working For: Sarah Boyack MSP (Lothian)
Length of Contract: Permanent
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You'll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
This is an exciting role to support the smooth running of Sarah’s Parliamentary and constituency offices and support Sarah’s engagement with constituents and stakeholders across the Lothians. Desirable candidates will have an interest in Sarah’s work, with a strong awareness of local issues across the Lothian region and an interest in politics.
Sarah is looking for an enthusiastic individual with new ideas, and an appetite to support her engagement with local communities. Full training and continuous development will be put in place to meet the needs of the successful candidate.
- Arranging Sarah’s regular surgeries across the Lothians; including booking venues, advertising and coordinating data for mail outs.
- Produce materials that effectively convey Sarah’s aims and work to residents and stakeholders across the Lothians; including my e-newsletter and annual Parliamentary Report.
- Build and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Corresponding with constituents and local campaign groups.
- Good political judgement and understanding of when a case could be a story.
- Develop and maintain the MSP website ensuring that it is kept up to date and is factual and accurate at all times.
Parliamentary and constituency support
- Drafting written correspondence such as letters and requests for information.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support where required.
- Maintaining filing system and managing records.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries.
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team.
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR requirements.
- Keep knowledge of local issues up to date.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Have a commitment to continuous professional development and attend relevant training and development opportunities.
- Work in line with relevant Scottish Parliament organisational policies.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
You will be contacted following your application. It is anticipated that interviews will take place mid July.
For more information on this post and to apply - https://careers.parliament.scot/vacancies/386/parliamentary-and-engagement-assistant-for-sarah-boyack-msp.html