Date Added: 17 June 2022
: 8 July 2022
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Robin Walker MP (Worcester)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Length of Contract: Permanent
Robin Walker MP is looking to recruit a caseworker. This is an opportunity to be part of a small, friendly team supporting Robin with his constituency casework.
This role is advertised as full time, but flexible working can be accommodated for the right candidate.
You will need to be comfortable working on your own initiative, as well as part of a small team and be easily adaptable to changing priorities, with a genuine interest in helping constituents.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Dealing with queries from members of the public (via telephone, email, written correspondence)
• Research information to assist with resolving cases and draft responses to constituents
• Note taking at surgeries and meetings, when required
• Liaise with various stakeholders to assist constituents
• General administrative tasks
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Highly organised and a can-do attitude
• Outstanding customer service
• Experience of a busy environment and multitasking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 July 2022
The closing date for applications is July 8th 2022, however the role may be filled if the right candidate is found.
A sifting process will take place after this date, with successful applicants invited for a virtual interview and subsequent assessments.
Applicants should submit a CV (no more than two sides of A4) and a cover letter (no more than one side of A4) detailing how they meet the requirements of the role.
Please send a CV and covering letter via email to Robin.Walker.firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject matter, please state: Your name – Caseworker Role