Date Added: 17 June 2022
: 1 July 2022
Job Title: Research Assistant
Working For: Institute of Economic Affairs
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is a full-time position, to start as soon as possible.
An opportunity to join a highly motivated Academic and Research (A&R) team, with responsibility for providing administrative support for the Academic and Research Director (A&RD), and support for the A&R team generally at the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA).
Appropriate candidates will be well organised individuals and precise workers with keen attention to detail and excellent written communication skills. The tasks below represent the range of duties that may be asked of the person selected for this role. We are committed to hiring the most talented person available and may tailor some specific duties to suit the right candidate. This is an entry level position.
• To support the A&R Director, including diary management and general support.
• To manage administrative aspects of the IEA Research Department publications process, including liaising with authors and editors.
• Proof reading texts and, under supervision, learning basic editing skills.
• Managing publishers and other suppliers.
• Liaising with other parts of the IEA as is required for the research and publishing process.
Further duties include, but are not restricted to:
• Administrative and research support for A&RD and the activities of the Research Department.
• Supporting researchers in their work and if and when appropriate conducting independent research for the IEA at the direction of the A&RD.
• Act as organiser for in-house events planned by A&R team members.
• Support the wider work of the IEA as required.
Please find more information here: https://iea.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Research-Assistant-Ad-V1-0-1.pdf
Closing Date: 1 July 2022
Interview Dates: 4th July – 8th July
Start Date: early-July
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae
- Covering letter explaining why you are the best person for the job
- Name of a referee