Date Added: 21 June 2022
: 15 July 2022
Job Title: Research Executive
Working For: WA Communications
Length of Contract: Permanent
WA Communications is hiring a Research Executive to join its industry-leading Investor Services practice. The team works with private equity investors and financial institutions to assess the impact of political trends and regulatory changes on investment decisions.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone at the start of their career looking for a role that combines fast-paced policy research and insight with an understanding of the commercial drivers for business in the UK.
The successful candidate will work for a range of clients, including some of the most prestigious private equity and institutional investors to support their M&A transactions. The role offers exposure to a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues, including healthcare, energy, infrastructure, financial services and education. The role will see you quickly get involved in researching, analysing and drawing out commercial insights from government policymaking to support WA’s political due diligence and policy risk work and gain experience in marketing and business development. In return, we’ll provide excellent professional development, including a comprehensive training programme, and support to help you to build your own network.
What we are looking for
You’ll be a graduate with at least one year’s work experience in an office environment (including internships) with a genuine interest in policy, political risk and how policymaking affects the commercial decisions of businesses in the UK. Qualities we also value include:
- A strong understanding of policy and politics and the ability to communicate policy impact in a neutral, accurate manner
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills – the ability to draw out the implications of complex evidence to present clear analysis and recommendations
- Outstanding written communication skills, with proven ability to write concise analysis within tight deadlines to audiences with varying degrees of expert knowledge
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise effectively and be comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team and across the company to deliver results for clients.
Closing Date: 15 July 2022
We will start interviewing strong candidates who apply early, so you are encouraged to apply soon. Start date immediate subject to notice periods.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com Your cover letter should not be longer than one page, setting out your interest in the role and why you believe you are a good choice for it.