Date Added: 21 June 2022
: 1 July 2022
Job Title: Research Manager, Investor Services
Working For: WA Communications
Length of Contract: Permanent
WA Communications is hiring a Research Manager to join its industry-leading Investor Services practice. The team works with private equity investors and financial institutions to assess the impact of political trends and regulatory changes on investment decisions.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced public affairs, research or policy professional with keen commercial instincts looking for a new challenge.
WA Communications has a proud history of addressing policy, legislative, regulatory, and reputational issues affecting businesses across the UK and beyond. Working across five practices – Investor Services, Strategic Communications, Health, Research and Creative – we focus on outstanding results for our clients and creating a dynamic, collaborative team that enjoys working together.
The successful candidate will work for a range of clients, including global, pan European and UK-focused private equity and institutional investors to support their M&A transactions.
The role offers exposure to a wide range of high-profile policy and political issues, including healthcare, energy, infrastructure, financial services and education. You will manage the delivery of due diligence projects providing high quality analysis, deep insight and detailed advice to senior investors. You will be supported by an outstanding team and be able to draw on the knowledge, skills and expertise of specialist consultants from across WA.
What we are looking for:
- A strong understanding of policy and politics and the ability to communicate policy impact in a neutral, accurate manner.
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills – the ability to draw out the implications of complex evidence to present clear analysis and recommendations.
- Outstanding written communication skills, with proven ability to write concise analysis within tight deadlines to audiences with varying degrees of expert knowledge.
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists.
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise effectively and be comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team and across the company to deliver results for clients.
Closing Date: 1 July 2022
We will start interviewing strong candidates who apply early, so you are encouraged to apply soon. Start date immediate subject to notice periods.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should not be longer than one page, setting out your interest in the role and why you believe you are a good choice for it.