Date Added: 21 June 2022
: 26 June 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Taiwo Owatemi MP (Coventry North West)
Salary: Full Time - in line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Taiwo Owatemi’s office is looking to recruit a full-time Parliamentary Assistant.
The position is primarily based in Westminster. Although, the role will include occasional travel to the constituency.
The successful candidate will support Taiwo Owatemi MP with the following:
• Scheduling and overseeing parliamentary engagements/meetings
• Preparing written and oral briefings ahead of parliamentary engagements/meetings
• Preparing briefings on topics relevant to Taiwo’s shadow ministerial role and policy interests
• Drafting speeches for debates and engagements in Parliament
• Working closely with the constituency office to ensure the voice of constituents is always central to Taiwo’s work in Parliament; and supporting the constituency office with queries/issues relating to Parliament
• Occasionally supporting the constituency office with tasks as and when required, this will usually be related to campaigning work in the constituency
• Maintaining good working relationships with external stakeholders, especially those with links to the constituency and Taiwo’s shadow ministerial role
• Working closely with Taiwo to manage her shadow ministerial responsibilities
• Working alongside the wider office to manage our media and social media presence
• Setting up and managing records of incoming correspondence
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 June 2022
Interviews with be held on the 29th June. These will ideally be in peson and in Parliament.
Ideally, the successful candidate will begin working on the first week of August.
Please send your application to Taiwo's Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a CV (no more than two sides of A4) and a covering letter (no more than one side of A4).
Your covering letter should set out what experience and knowledge you have which will enable you to support Taiwo across all the areas set out above in Job Details.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch using the above email.