Date Added: 21 June 2022
: 18 July 2022
Job Title: Senior Communications and Content Officer
Working For: London Higher
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Length of Contract: 2 years
About the role
London Higher is looking for a full-time Senior Communications and Content Officer to lead in sourcing, producing and sharing the organisation’s external content. This exciting post will offer an up-and-coming communications officer the chance to work across all of London Higher’s divisions to create and deliver an effective communications strategy which they will own and drive.
The postholder will be networked across our membership and in London’s higher education and political scenes. This will include attending key events and briefings held by London Higher and our stakeholders.
- Content creator: Produce useful, innovative content for a range of channels to communicate London Higher’s mission and engage and influence key stakeholders, including drafting news articles, briefings, blogs, newsletter content, case studies, relevant consultation responses, parliamentary correspondence, campaigns and social media content.
- Media relations: With support from the CEO, plan and deliver a proactive and reactive media strategy. This includes identifying potential news stories, preparing press releases and drafting media comments.
- Digital Content: Develop our digital presence via social media and the London Higher website, with the aim of growing our digital outputs and impact, and developing the London Higher ‘brand’.
- Communications Plan: Own and implement a communication plan which the team can follow and input into.
About London Higher
London Higher is a membership organisation representing over 40 publicly funded universities and higher education institutions in London.
Our outputs and influence are diverse and include research reports, promotional material, meetings and workshops, parliamentary lobbying, media management and receptions.
In addition, we work closely with partner organisations including the GLA, the business sector and higher education sector bodies.
London Higher offers a range of company-wide benefits including up to 38 days off a year (including bank holidays and office close days over Easter and Christmas), flexible working, work from home days and flexible start and finish times.
For furhter details please visit the London Higher Website - https://www.londonhigher.ac.uk/about/job-opportunity/
Closing Date: 18 July 2022
- Closing time: 5pm
- Interviews: 29 July 2022
- Start Date: September 2022.