Date Added: 22 June 2022
: 15 July 2022
Job Title: Recycling Policy Advisor
Working For: Environmental Services Association
Salary: £30-40k basic salary + benefits
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Environmental Services Association (ESA) - the representative body for the recycling and waste industry - is recruiting a full-time Recycling Policy Advisor. This role represents an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a London-based team shaping policy on a high profile environmental issue, influencing government, legislators, the regulator and other external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will take on the following responsibilities, reporting directly to ESA's Executive Director.
1. Lead the Association’s policy development across issues affecting the recycling industry.
2. Form relationships with key individuals across the recycling sector and be the principal ESA policy contact for recycling
3. Respond to government and other policy initiatives relevant to the industry and co-ordinate analysis and evidence gathering from ESA’s Member Companies
4. Work with the rest of the policy team to produce research, briefings, reports and other publications
5. Help ESA's work on promoting a positive image of the recycling and waste industry
6. Assist ESA's Communications Officer to present proactive media campaigns to the trade press, as well as local and national media
Required skills and qualifications
1. Educated to at least degree level or equivalent from a leading institution
2. Keen interest in environmental policy and related issues
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Extremely high quality drafting skills
5. Ability to use relevant computer and software packages
6. Some previous experience within a political or policy environment (and recycling policy in particular) would be advantageous, but not a necessity
Closing Date: 15 July 2022
Interviews to take plasce in July/August and start date as soon as possible
Interested candidates with a valid right to work in the UK should email their CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com