Date Added: 22 June 2022
: 4 July 2022
Job Title: Summer Internship
Working For: DevoConnect
Location: Manchester / Remote
Salary: 20,000 pro-rata
Length of Contract: 3 months with a view to being offered a permanent position
We are looking for someone to come and help us out over the Summer. This is a unique opportunity for the right person with the right potential. If you are looking for real experience, interested in politics and/or are thinking of a career in public affairs why not join us?!
DevoConnect is the first and only UK public affairs and thought leadership agency to focus on how best to achieve influence and effect change through a devolved lens.
We are looking for a political, creative and organised person to support our Parliamentary and Party Conference fringe events and our major conferences being held over the next 3 months. Candidates will need to understand how Westminster and Whitehall work and have a good knowledge of the current political landscape including debates and progress on regional devolution.
You will learn how to be our ‘eyes and ears’ and provide support on a variety of projects and campaigns. You will work with our Outreach, Media and Business Development Manager on the running of our social media content and provide support across a range of clients including APPGs. We are particularly looking for someone to assist with our busy party conference programme in September and October.
This role will entail a mix of working from home and our central Manchester office and will involve travel to London, Parliament, and other UK cities.
• Providing political monitoring of national, regional, and local government
• Support the secretariat for All-Party Parliamentary Groups
• Party Conference organisation and support.
• Drafting briefings for the executive team and clients
• Research for client projects and initiatives
• Content creation and management of multiple social media channels
• Marketing of events and campaigns
• MP engagement and correspondence
• Editorial support and marketing of DevoIntelligence, our monthly newsletter
• Management of internal databases
• Strong communication and organisational skills, with keen attention to detail
• Hardworking, flexible, and a good team player
• Ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure, and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent working knowledge and experience in using social media channels
• A good understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Proficient in database building and management
Closing Date: 4 July 2022
Interviews will take place ASAP W/C 4th July with a view to an immediate start, subject to notice.
Email your CV and a 1-page covering letter to email@example.com