Date Added: 4 August 2022
: 16 August 2022
Job Title: External Affairs Manager
Working For: Heathrow Airport Ltd
Length of Contract: Permanent
The External Affairs Manager is a member of Heathrow’s dynamic Government Affairs team. The role requires excellent contacts, initiative, and dedication to working as part of a team to achieve Heathrow’s objectives. The External Affairs Manager will build strong relationships with MPs, MSPs, MSs, Metro Mayors, businesses and business groups across the nations and regions of the UK on behalf of Heathrow and be able to use existing connections to enhance the airport’s reputation.
Please note this role requires the individual to participate as in Heathrow’s on-call Incident Response Team and will work outside of normal office hours as required.
Your role will involve:
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with a wide range of political and external stakeholders throughout the nations and regions on behalf of Heathrow.
- Supporting the activation of a proactive and reactive communication strategy to build the reputation of our business.
- Scanning the political horizon for issues which are relevant to Heathrow and proactively developing strategies to address them.
- Drafting briefings for Government, Parliamentarians and other industry stakeholders to explain complex issues in a straightforward manner.
- Organising visits and events to demonstrate the importance of Heathrow to the UK economy.
These skills are essential:
- Previous political experience and existing relationships, and also able to engage with politicians across party lines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to understand complex information and present it in a way which is easy for stakeholders to understand. And comfortable representing the company at public meetings, debates and consultations.
- Strong team player and takes a proactive approach to updating and sharing information with colleagues. Working as part of a small but dynamic team this person will seek opportunities to support colleagues and bring new perspectives.
- High level of personal resilience. This individual should be able to deal with highly pressurised situations where information is confused and have the capacity to withstand setbacks and criticism whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Credible and authoritative demeanour – seen as a source of expertise, and a go-to resource for communications advice across Heathrow.
Closing Date: 16 August 2022