Date Added: 4 August 2022
: 6 September 2022
Job Title: Finance and Admin worker
Working For: Yorkshire CND
Salary: 1.5 or 2 days a week. Salary – up to £27,826 per annum pro rata – dependent on experience.
Length of Contract: 6 month probationary period
The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND) campaigns on one of the most important issues of our time - scrapping the UK nuclear weapons system.
Yorkshire CND organises campaigning activities and events in support of National CND strategies and actions. We have our office base in Bradford but coordinate and support groups and individuals throughout the Yorkshire region. Our specific aims and major campaigning activities are described on our website –
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to cover some of the administration for Yorkshire Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. The successful applicant will work closely with an existing full-time member of staff, plus intern(s) and volunteers.
You will need to be able to manage, schedule and prioritise your own workload, and also contribute to the general work of the office as appropriate.
The position would suit somebody with experience in book-keeping, financial management and general administration in a small NGO or business.
- Handle the day to day bookkeeping (using QuickBooks), payment of bills and wages, issuing receipts etc.
- Prepare financial reports for the Treasurer and Coord.
- Assist in the preparation of funding bids.
- Help maintain the database of members and other contacts.
- Manage the Yorkshire CND merchandise.
- Carry out other administration duties to assist the Events and Campaigns Officer as required by the Yorkshire CND Co-ordinating Group
Skills and Experience
- Experience with book keeping and some form of financial management
- Ability to compile financial reports, budgets etc
- Relevant finance and admin experience in team setting
- Commitment to the aims of CND
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Resident in Yorkshire region or willing to relocate
Closing Date: 6 September 2022
Start date: TBC
If interested please write to us at: <firstname.lastname@example.org> with a letter presenting yourself and a summary CV.