Date Added: 4 August 2022
: 31 August 2022
Job Title: Campaigns and Communications Manager
Working For: Ikwro Women's Rights Organisation
Charity Number: N/A
Length of Contract: Fixed term 9 months from 1st Oct - Renewable subject to funding
The Campaign and Communications Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director of IKWRO and will be responsible for drafting and implementing IKWRO’s new campaign and communications strategy to achieve positive systemic legal and policy change, informed by the experiences of the women and girls that IKWRO represents. The role involves lobbying, research, media and communications, networking, events management, engaging with the wider team and the women and girls IKWRO represents to ensure their voices are heard and maintaining and strengthening IKWRO’s leadership in the field.
1. Design and delivery of IKWRO’s strategic campaigns objectives
2. Support the coordination and growth of IKWRO’s campaign membership and support base; facilitating participation and building strong contacts across the network:
3. Oversee and develop IKWRO’s communications including through IKWRO’s website, mailing lists, social media and print publications:
4. Coordinate and oversee IKWRO’s campaign events.
5. Adhere to, and to comply with IKWRO’s Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality policies, abide by health and safety guidelines and share responsibility for own safety and that of colleagues.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of campaigning including for systemic change, parliamentary lobbying, working with the media, community engagement techniques and supporter mobilisation.
• Strong writing skills, with experience of writing materials for a wide range of audiences, both online and offline.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate effectively to, influence and build trusted relationships with decision makers and a wide range of audiences.
• Experience of working collaboratively with a range of both internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of overseeing projects with multiple strands of activity.
• Highly organised and able to deliver to tight deadlines with the ability to adapt rapidly to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
• Committed to the aims and objectives of IKWRO.
• A good understanding of violence against women and girls, anti-racism and equality.
Closing Date: 31 August 2022
Interview Date - Week commencing 2nd September 2022
Starting Date: 1st October 2022
Please visit www.ikwro.org.uk/jobs and please return a completed application form to email@example.com