Date Added: 9 August 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Casework Manager
Working For: Sir Edward Davey MP (Kingston and Surbiton)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales but circa £34,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
Highly motivated, experienced individual sought to work in Sir Edward's busy constituency office. Role includes own caseload and managing the casework team.
• Manage caseload of complex cases, working in a professional, confidential and sensitive manner to ensure progression of cases
• Respond professionally, sensitively and with integrity to routine correspondence and enquiries by email, telephone, social media and in-person with constituents on a variety of casework issues
• Supervise caseworkers, including coaching and mentoring
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation/guidelines as appropriate in dealing with casework and take initial action on queries from constituents
• Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR legislation, whilst ensuring all cases and decisions are properly documented
• Ensure all cases are monitored and all identified action taken
• Liaise with government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
• Previous experience of handling casework, either in an MP’s Office, the Civil Service or a third sector organisation, such as the CAB
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence in interacting with people at all levels
• Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines
• Able to deal with issues in a confidential manner
• Able to work effectively in a small team
• Competent use of IT, including full proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and the internet. Experience of a casework management system or similar database would be an advantage
• Experience of working and dealing with the general public
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Liberal Democrats, with an interest in local and national issues - political experience is desirable but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made and the appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please send your CV and supporting letter, clearly showing your experience and suitability for the job based on the job details.
Please send all applications to: email@example.com