Date Added: 11 August 2022
: 1 September 2022
Job Title: Casework Team Leader
Working For: Karen Buck MP (Westminster North)
Salary: In line with IPSA Salary Bands: (Senior Caseworker) £32,000- £43,740
Length of Contract: 12 month Fixed-term
This role will mainly consist of carrying out casework on behalf of constituents. The constituency office will be your main place of work (we are happy to discuss hybrid working arrangements). You will also be repsonsible for coordinating and overseeing the work of the casework team and making sure that time and resources are being properly allocated to meet the needs of the constituents of Westminster North.
You will work not just with members of our team, but also local resident groups, Councillors, advice agencies and others in order to ensure that our office is operating as effectively as possible to serve the diverse and vibrant community of Westminster North, particularly its most vulnerable members.
Essential requirements for this post:
- You will have good experience of conducting casework/advice/advocacy as part of a team and prioritising a demanding workload.
- You must be passionate about assisting individuals from diverse backgrounds and with complex need.
- You will have excellent oral and written communication skills, can work well under pressure and within competing deadlines.
- You must be a hardworking, flexible team player with a positive attitude who is calm, determined, and capable of taking responsibility.
Desirable experience for this post:
- You may have experience of a management/supervisory role.
- You may have a background in delivering specialist/expert advice on social welfare issues.
- You may have knowledge of one of the following policy areas; housing, welfare benefits, immigration, or Local Government.
If you have questions about the role, please email email@example.com . Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 September 2022
We will aim to hold interviews between September 5th -9th in Maida Vale.
The start date will be as soon after this as possible.
Please send a CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 page to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Casework Team Leader Application’