Date Added: 13 August 2022
: 9 September 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Lucy Frazer MP (South East Cambridgeshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: 6 - 12 months
Responsibilities will include:
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries.
• Provide generalist admin support under the supervision of the Senior Parliamentary Assistant.
• Assist with policy casework responses and other casework as required.
• Work with other team members to identify potential impacts from the research work and disseminate them effectively.
• Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, email and face to face contact.
• Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, and Westminster where required.
• Have working knowledge of relevant legislation and upcoming business including how they impact on the constituency.
• Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation.
• Occasional project work for events and other matters.
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel to the constituency for work.
• Undertake research on relevant subjects as directed.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Motivation to provide high quality service to constituents.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Outlook).
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 September 2022
Interviews will take place for shortlisted candidates as soon as possible and an appointment may be made before the closing date. Looking for the right individual to start as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we will be unable to respond to those who are unsuccessful at the first stage.
Please send a CV and covering letter. Applications should be sent to email@example.com