Date Added: 23 August 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Marco Longhi (Dudley North)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Due to an increased level of interaction with constituents and an enhanced level of support provided to them, there is now a requirement for an additional member of staff at Marco Longhi MP’s constituency office. This office is based in the heart of Dudley.
The position being created is for a Constituency Support Officer, whose primary tasks will be to engage and support constituents who visit or contact the constituency office. This will include handling casework effectively, support constituency meetings, events, and surgeries, and to ensure that constituents receive a fantastic level of service from the MPs office. This role could be a perfect fit for anyone looking to get involved in politics, or anyone who has previous customer service experience, although this is not a pre-requirement to this role as training and support will be provided.
The role is offered on a full-time basis and will require some flexibility from the applicant, with occasional Saturday working. The winning applicant would be required to conduct the following tasks and duties.
- Handle enquiries from constituents via drop-ins to the constituency office or surgeries, and via telephone calls, emails, letters and social media.
- To be comfortable using a computer and conducting work on provided software and other tools as required (training and support is provided).
- Ensure that constituents receive timely responses and are supported throughout their case.
- Communicate where required with other authorities and organisations to assist in either resolving an issue, or to assist the Member of Parliament in understanding the complexities of a case, and to propose solutions wherever possible.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP’s office requirements and any other legal requirements, such as data protection.
- Support the Member of Parliament in carrying out their duties.
- Assist with general administrative duties within the constituency office and with other more general tasks such as record-keeping and tidiness.
- Provide support at appointments, events and other visits where the Member of Parliament may interact with constituents.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
We welcome all applications and encourage anyone interested in applying for this role to send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Closing Date: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. We will continue to advertise this position until a job offer is accepted.
Interviews will be in person and will be offered with an attempt to try and find a convenient time for all involved.
Upon acceptance of the offer, we will agree a convenient starting date with the winning applicant.
Successfully passing these security checks is a requirement for this position but there is no cost to the applicant.