Date Added: 30 August 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Political and Media Consultant
Working For: Bridgehead Communications
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Length of Contract: Permanent
Based in the City of London, Bridgehead is a leading communications consultancy with expertise in political engagement, media relations and campaign management. We are looking to recruit a full-time Political and Media Consultant to join our fast-growing PR and Public Affairs team. The role is well suited to someone with experience of working in either politics or the media or a recent graduate looking to embark on a career in political and media communications.
The successful candidate will have strong written and communication skills as well as a demonstrable interest in both politics and the media. The successful candidate will: work directly with the Managing Director and other team members; regularly engage with clients; develop an understanding of specialist policy areas; draft comment articles for publication in the national, online and trade media; and contribute thoughts and ideas to client strategy discussions.
The roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Media Monitoring.
- Updating and maintaining client social media channels.
- Tracking and collating political events for use in forward planning and client strategy.
- Writing opinion pieces for publication in the national and specialist media.
- Editing client opinion pieces.
- Developing deep undertstanding of key policy areas.
- Drafting and issuing press releases and comments to the media.
- Engaging with journalists and MPs’ offices.
- Conducting meetings with MPs and policy experts.
- Event planning and organising.
- Contributing to and drafting briefing notes on policy areas.
- Assisting with proposal drafting for prospective clients.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Interviews will be ongoing. The successful applicant may be appointed before the closing date.
Please submit a CV and short covering letter to William Walter, Managing Director at: email@example.com