Date Added: 31 August 2022
: 7 October 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Royston Smith MP (Southampton Itchen)
Location: Southampton Itchen
Salary: In Line with IPSA Payscale
Length of Contract: Permanent
Royston Smith is looking for a reliable full-time Caseworker who is keen to learn to be based in his constituency office.
The successful candidate will:
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in British politics.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage a varied workload.
- Good analytical skills and close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Candidates from non-traditional career routes are welcome to apply.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 October 2022
Interviews will be held after the closing date.
Start Date: Flexible
To apply, please email your cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the position and your CV to email@example.com with the subject 'NAME': CASEWORKER APPLICATION.
We will acknowledge all applications we receive, even if we may not be able to let all applicants know whether they are successful.