Date Added: 3 September 2022
: 23 September 2022
Job Title: Part-Time Caseworker (2-3 days per week)
Working For: The Rt Hon Greg Hands MP (Chelsea & Fulham)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Fixed term (initially 12 months)
The Rt Hon Greg Hands MP is looking for a part-time Caseworker to join his busy team.
The successful candidate will be pro-active, with strong communication, IT and inter-personal skills. The role of Caseworker requires a can-do attitude and the ability to manage constituency casework and correspondence independently.
Flexible hours - two or three days per week plus possible holiday cover or additional hours during busy periods. We would consider term-time only for the right candidate.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable. The Part-Time Caseworker will be working alongside the Senior Caseworker.
The job will involve:
• assisting with a variety of constituency casework by phone, email or letter
• providing information and advice to constituents on a wide range of issues
• liaising with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and others to assist constituents
• progressing casework independently
• ensuring all records and data are managed confidential and in line with current data protection legislation
• general office support and administration
The successful applicant will have:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• experience of dealing with members of the public
• the ability to manage and prioritise their workload
• a positive attitude with the ability to work as part of a busy team
• strong attention to detail
• strong IT skills and ability and confidence to use casework management software (training will be provided)
• knowledge of one or more foreign languages is desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 September 2022
Interviews are likely to commence on Monday, 26 September. We might appoint before the closing date.
Start date: October 2022
To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following in pdf format:
- your CV
- a one-page covering letter explaining your suitability for the role
- one piece of written work (letter, article, blog)
Please ensure to add ‘Job Application’ to the subject line.