Date Added: 6 September 2022
: 3 October 2022
Job Title: Events and Communications Assistant
Working For: The Foreign Policy Centre
Length of Contract: 12 months (with opportunity to extend).
The Foreign Policy Centre (FPC), an independent, non-partisan international affairs think tank, is looking to recruit an Events and Communications Assistant to join its team based in London. The role will support FPC’s small but dynamic team to deliver an array of events and research outputs, amplifying its reach and engagement amongst key audiences.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Supporting the FPC’s programme of seminars, roundtables and conferences.
- Proof-reading and supporting the design production of the FPC’s publications, articles, briefings and project proposals.
- Assisting with management and production of the FPC’s website content, social media accounts and digital newsletter.
- Assisting with the coordination of, and communication with, the FPC’s research fellows.
- Providing other administrative and operational support as required.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience in producing social media content
- Strong organisational ability, including ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workload and operate both independently and as part of a team
- An eye for detail
- Good IT skills
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of working with MailChimp, Eventbrite, WordPress, SoundCloud and social media systems
- Understanding of the think-tank and/or not-for-profit sector
- Interest in international affairs and/or human rights
- Experience of working with (or in) the UK Parliament
- Experience of organising events
The role would report directly to FPC’s Events and Projects Manager, but support the work of the broader team. Full-time (though we will also strongly consider applications for 4 days per week). Opportunities for flexible working.
For more information please see https://fpc.org.uk/about/working-for-us/events-and-communications-assistant/
Closing Date: 3 October 2022
Interviews will take place on 12 October 2022. Start date as soon as possible after interview (subject to any notice periods).
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a short supporting statement outlining your interest in the job to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6.00pm on the closing date. Please note we will only be able to give feedback to shortlisted candidates but all applications will recieve a reply.