Date Added: 6 September 2022
: 26 September 2022
Job Title: Intern
Working For: The Rt Hon. Mark Spencer MP (Sherwood)
Salary: In Line with IPSA Payscales
Length of Contract: 1 Year
The Rt. Hon. Mark Spencer, Member of Parliament for Sherwood, is seeking an Employed Intern to assist with the running of his Westminster Office.
The successful applicant will be based in our Westminster office and will join a close-knit group of staff based across Westminster and Sherwood. The position is based on a Fixed Term contract and will be paid in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
This role would be suitable for a recent graduate looking to gain some experience in a Parliamentary Office.
- Assisting/learning how to manage casework;
- Basic administrative support;
- Learning how to analyse, evaluate and interpret data;
- Learning/assisting in appropriate research;
- Learning/assisting in drafting responses to constituents;
- Handling mail, emails and phone calls from constituents;
- Assist with the running of the Westminster Office.
A successful candidate would have the following desirable skills:
- Computer literacy, especially with the Office 365 suite;
- Basic comprehension of Politics;
- Highly Organised, with good record keeping and appropriate confidentiality, in compliance with GDPR;
- Excellent communication and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and take on information quickly;
- Sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 September 2022
All applications should be submitted by the closing date, and interviews will follow.
We will be conducting first interviews virtually, and the final interview will take place in our Westminster Office.
The starting date is flexible. This will be a fixed term contact.
Please include in your application a CV of no more than two sides of A4 Paper, and a Covering Letter of no more than one side of A4.
Any questions and applications for the role can be sent to Mark.Spencer.MP@parliament.uk or the hiring officer at email@example.com.