Date Added: 6 September 2022
: 6 October 2022
Job Title: Junior Researcher - quantitative / mixed methods
Working For: Revealing Reality
Salary: £22,000 opportunity for 25% inc within 3-6 months
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is an great opportunity to join our industry-leading social research agency – working on ground-breaking research for national and local government, regulators, charities, NGOs and the private sector.
- Over the past several years we have built a high-performing quantitative team to complement our qualitative offer and are now seeking a Junior Researcher with a focus on quantitative research.
- Rather than just performing a series of tasks, you’ll be expected to be innovative, inquisitive and show a passion for problem solving – whether that’s exploring topics in desk research, helping to design questionnaires and run surveys, analysing secondary data sources or management information, or digging into the data to determine what we can say (and what we can’t).
- You’ll quickly become part of project teams, working closely with other quantitative and qualitative researchers and creatives on challenging projects with a focus on making change happen.
- You’ll see projects through all the way from start to completion, helping specify and complete requirements for quantitative data collection, develop ideas and findings through in-depth analysis as well as producing and delivering research reports and other outputs.
- You’ll be given real responsibility from day one, with the opportunity for rapid progression.
To do well in this role
- You don’t need to be a stats expert.
- You do need to be comfortable working at macro level, with large data sets, and embrace the idea of working at scale, using digital tools (like Excel) to query the data and have an eye for detail.
- We do a lot of self-report survey data, so having some understanding of survey methodology and its limitations is helpful.
Most of all, you will be willing to learn, engage proactively with those around you to make the most of their knowledge and experience, and not be afraid to start again when something goes wrong.
Please note, this role is office-based, so only apply if you would like to work in the office full-time.
Closing Date: 6 October 2022
- We are looking for someone to start ASAP so have not set an application deadline as we will only fill the role when we find the right candidate.
- We will review applications on a rolling basis and will get in touch shortly with next steps.
At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
Please follow this link:
Please upload both your CV and Cover Letter, without both your application will not be considered.
To strengthen your application please don't use your covering letter as an extension of your CV, but demonstrate what sets you apart from your peer group and why you would like to work for Revealing Reality.