Date Added: 6 September 2022
: 26 September 2022
Job Title: Campaigns and Policy Officers
Working For: Wheels for Wellbeing
Salary: £16,702pa for 21 hours (pro-rata of £27,837)
Length of Contract: Permanent and 12 months Parental Leave cover
Part time 21 hours per week, two vacancies - one Permanent and one twelve months (Parental Leave Cover) with possibility of combining into one full-time post for the right candidate
Thank you for your interest in our posts of Campaigns & Policy Officers. We are replacing a recently departed officer (part-time, permanent post) and covering the other officer’s parental leave (part-time, 12 months) in our Campaigns and Policy team. These posts will help enhance our reach and impact, amplifying the voice of Disabled people to influence attitudes to and accessibility of cycling.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Passionate about Disability rights and active travel
- Have campaigning experience – especially in digital campaigning and/or lobbying
- Thrive in a team but can also work independently
- Are excited by working in an evolving area of rapid change
This role’s purpose is:
- To ensure that the unprecedented investment in cycle infrastructure across the UK improves routes, facilities & conditions for Disabled cyclists – by providing expert advice to Department for Transport, Transport for London, local authorities and others.
- To support Disabled cyclists and raise wider awareness of their needs – by working with local, national and international partners (charities, businesses, government) to influence attitudes, policy and standards.
- To work on key campaigns which will transform the landscape for Disabled cyclists with a focus on lobbying and/or digital campaigning.
The post requires excellent communication, digital, research and writing skills, attention to detail as well as the ability to build relationships with and influence a wide range of stakeholders including politicians. The post holder will support individuals and groups to make their voices heard so Disabled cyclists have the confidence to lobby for inclusive
If you are passionate about ensuring that the voice of marginalised groups is heard by
people in positions of power; if you thrive on balancing a variety of priorities and pride
yourself on getting things done; if you’re as fired up by supporting local activism as you are
about influencing politicians’ understanding of what matters to their constituents, this is the
role for you.
Closing Date: 26 September 2022
Closing time: 5pm
Interviews: Friday 7th October