Date Added: 6 September 2022
: 23 September 2022
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Greg Smith MP (Buckingham)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greg is looking for an Administrative Officer to join his Westminster office. The ideal candidate will be well organised with excellent research, communication and administrative skills. This is a perfect opportunity for a graduate with a strong interest in politics.
Key responsibilities include:
• Casework and correspondence administration.
• Working with the Senior Parliamentary Assistants in supporting Greg in his Parliamentary duties.
• Responding to policy correspondence from constituents and overseeing policy casework.
• Responding to all telephone enquiries and keeping a log of actions.
• Ensure that constituents receive timely responses.
• Update of MP website.
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing of basic correspondence.
• Administration of email and written communications.
• Provide general admin support under the supervision of the Senior Parliamentary Assistants.
• Occasional project work for events and other matters.
The successful applicant will:
• Interest in politics and sympathy for the Conservative Party.
• Willingness to learn and work independently.
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload.
• Articulate with a good written style and IT skills.
• Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Appreciation of the importance of record keeping.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Greg is looking for someone who can start as soon as possible.
To apply, please email your CV (no longer than two pages) and a covering letter (no longer than one page) to email@example.com
Please direct any enquiries regarding this position to Isabella Wallersteiner (firstname.lastname@example.org)