Date Added: 7 September 2022
: 25 September 2022
Job Title: Events and engagement manager
Working For: Common Vision
Length of Contract: 6 month contract, with potential for extension
Common Vision (www.commonvision.uk) is a think tank working to change the narrative around our shared future. We use community listening, deliberative dialogue, and civic imagination to unite people around long-term intergenerational goals. Our mission is to inspire collaborative action and catalyse collective agency through the power of positive ideas.
Each of our research and engagement projects bring together communities of interest, practice or place to share lived and learned experience on issues relating to our three strategic programmes:
- Involving young people in public dialogue and intergenerational policy making
- Catalysing responsible business action in the transition to environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Understanding emerging trends in local communities and cultural life
The Events and Engagement Manager will lead community outreach, profile building and relationship management across a range of projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Events programming and coordination: Researching, designing and executing a varied schedule of events and public engagement activities
- Community/ stakeholder engagement: Growing and maintaining active and engaged networks around Common Vision's research projects, events and other activities, including young leaders, professionals, civil society leaders, public commentators, Parliamentarians and academics
- Communications: Producing engaging and accessible written content, newsletters and social media outputs
- Fundraising: Developing fundraising bids and sponsor relationships
- Project management: General project management and administration
We are looking for a proactive, versatile individual who is comfortable working at pace on a range of different projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5+ years experience in a relevant role
- A keen interest in a wide range of social and political issues relevant to Common Vision's three strategic programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of relationship management and professional networking
- Strong admin and organisational skills, an eye for detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A conscientious and flexible work ethic
Flexible and part-time arrangements will be considered.
Closing Date: 25 September 2022
Start date negotiable.
Please send a CV and tailored covering letter setting out how your interests and experience match the role responsibilities and the candidate specification set out above.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line "Research and Engagement Manager role on W4MPjobs".