Date Added: 9 September 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon David Lammy MP (Tottenham)
Length of Contract: Permanent
The role is based in both David’s Westminster and Tottenham offices.
David is looking for a candidate with a strong understanding of how to take up and resolve enquires from constituents about local issues such as housing, the benefits system and Home Office immigration cases.
The successful candidate will be managed by the Senior Caseworker.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses
- Organising and attending surgeries, other relevant meetings, and taking notes
- Gathering information relevant to assist cases
- Liaising with various agencies and organisations to resolve constituents' problems
- Identifying and responding to local casework trends across the area
- Assisting David to develop responses to key local issues
- Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring that actions are taken
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Experience in a similar role and understanding of the software programme CaseworkerMP is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Workload and project management skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner
- Experience of advising in areas such as housing, welfare benefits or immigration issues or community advocacy work would be beneficial
- A good working knowledge or understanding of local issues in Tottenham, and of emerging domestic policies, and the ability to identify casework trends in relation to these, are desirable
The successful candidate will demonstrate their enthusiasm to play a key role in a hardworking team supporting David in his constituency work.
David values inclusivity and diversity and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Interviews during September and early October; start date as soon as possible.
Please send an email with the subject line "Caseworker application” to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a CV and a short covering letter.