Date Added: 9 September 2022
: 28 September 2022
Job Title: Chief Economist/Senior Researcher
Working For: Social Market Foundation
Salary: in the region of £50,000
Length of Contract: Permanent
The role is a wide-ranging and important position within the SMF. The appointee will help shape the topics that the SMF analyses and the policies we put forward, as well as working closely with and seeking to influence politicians, officials, leading figures from industry, academia and the media.
The postholder will be responsible for:
- Designing, project managing and delivering high-quality research that maintains and enhances the SMF’s reputation for rigorous and influential policy analysis.
- Maximising the impact of the SMF’s work, communicating our findings to a range of stakeholders, including politicians, advisers and officials.
- Representing the SMF in the media, by writing articles and participating in broadcast and print interviews. The SMF will offer media training to an applicant without relevant experience.
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues.
For person specification, please go to our website: https://www.smf.co.uk/new-opportunity-chief-economist-senior-researcher/
Closing Date: 28 September 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial interview – to be held via Zoom – during the week starting 3 October 2022.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “CHIEF ECONOMIST/SENIOR RESEARCHER”.
Applicants should attach 3 PDF/word documents:
- A CV
- Cover letter (1-page)
- Research project outline to undertake at the SMF.
There are specific instructions on the application, and an optional diversity form (not a condition of applying or judging). PLEASE find those on our website: https://www.smf.co.uk/new-opportunity-chief-economist-senior-researcher/