Date Added: 9 September 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Policy Officer
Working For: The Quoted Companies Alliance
Length of Contract: Permanent
● Coordinate and minute the meetings of the QCA’s seven policy expert groups (made up of business leaders and professionals and covering financial reporting, corporate governance, tax, secondary market, share schemes, legal and corporate finance issues)
● Conduct desk research to support positions on policy papers and responses to consultation papers from UK Government, other institutions and regulators
● Monitor the status of consultations and research any regulatory issues that affect quoted companies, including the collation of statistics on members and markets
● Contribute to surveys on policy and market issues to help inform campaigns and consultation responses
● Communicate to the membership the organisation’s campaigns and update them on their progress through writing contributing articles for newsletters, website, etc.
● Assist the policy team in wider campaigns
● Contribute to the work of other departments such as marketing and events where needed
The successful candidate will have:
● An undergraduate or masters degree;
● At least a year's professional experience of research, analysis or report writing;
● Good analysis skills;
● Ability to summarise statistical information;
● Ability to work with a broad range of individuals in the QCA’s membership;
● Ability to develop a concept and turn it into a finished offering;
● Ability to work as part of a team;
● Good attention to detail;
● Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills; and
● An inquisitive mind.
We are the Quoted Companies Alliance, the independent membership organisation that champions the interests of small to mid-sized quoted companies.
The environment is hard-working, but is friendly and provides the opportunity to develop. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn about growth companies, how stock markets work and the various financing options available for small and mid-sized quoted companies.
For more information about the Quoted Companies Alliance, please visit www.theqca.com.
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday (9am to 5.30pm) with a hybrid (min 2 days a week in the office) working arrangement. There may be instances though when you will be invited to attend events and meetings which are held outside of office hours.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Interviews are being conducted during the w/c 5th September.
Start date as soon as possible depending on notice period and availability of candidate.
Please note that you must have leave to remain and permission to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor any work permits.
Please send a covering letter outlining your interest in the position and any relevant experience and your C.V. to Lorence Nye (Lorence.Nye@theqca.com).