Date Added: 9 September 2022
: 5 October 2022
Job Title: Organiser
Working For: London Renters Union
Salary: £37,656 pro rata – £30,125 for 30 hours per week, usually spread over 4 days
Length of Contract: 12-24 months
We’re recruiting two new Organisers. The role of these organisers will be to support the growth of either our Haringey branch (2 year contract) or our Lewisham branch (12 month maternity cover contract).
Joining the LRU as a paid organiser is your chance to develop your community organising skills and to support renters to build the power we need to transform the housing system so that it works for people not profit.
- Supporting new members into the activity of the branch through phone calls and one-to-one meetings.
- Supporting elected role holders to develop their community organising skills and carry out their roles.
- Support members to develop and implement the strategy of the branch.
- Recruiting paying members to the London Renters Union.
- Identifying and organising campaigns and disputes on issues that renters are facing.
- Helping members run effective, welcoming meetings.
Pay and benefits
The pay is £37,656 pro rata – £30,125 for 30 hours per week, usually spread over 4 days. The role includes extensive training and support and a £1,200 per year towards counselling or other well-being services. Staff with children or carer responsibilities are entitled to a 12% subsidy on the regular staff salary.
Closing Date: 5 October 2022
Deadline for applications: 8pm on October 5. Interviews will take place during the week starting October 10 or October 17, depending on availability of branch members.
To apply for this role, please upload your CV and a completed application form using the form at this page: https://londonrentersunion.org/2022/haringey-lewisham-organiser/