Date Added: 9 September 2022
: 23 September 2022
Job Title: PR & Policy Officer
Working For: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Length of Contract: Permanent
If you are an ambitious policy professional with experience of politics and the health system in the
UK, then this role is for you!
We are looking for an exceptional PR and Policy Officer to join our brilliant Strategic Marketing and
Digital team to help drive and shape the College’s positioning and profile.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for:
• The creation, implementation and delivery of research, reports, and communications that
support the delivery of the College’s strategic positioning and profile.
• Acting as media liaison to ensure successful positioning of articles and features on print and
• Effectively communicating and engaging with external stakeholders including government,
media, and intercollegiate partners.
• Developing and establishing good working relationships with policy makers, journalists and
• Contributing to the College’s policy on key priorities and supporting the College’s response to
Government and professional body consultations.
● Degree qualified and at least 1-2 years’ experience in a public affairs, policy and/or
● Demonstrable experience of researching and analysing data to support the development of
● Demonstrable experience of report writing.
● Experienced in writing and distribution of media statements.
● Experience of parliament and politics, and a good understanding of health policy is desirable.
● Excellent writing and editing skills.
● Demonstrable experience of planning, prioritising and managing multiple activities with high
levels of attention to detail, ensuring deadlines are met.
● Strong interpersonal skills in order to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of
internal and external stakeholders.
● Excellent IT skills including the use of databases and Microsoft Office
In addition to a competitive salary we have a really impressive package of benefits including:
40 days holiday
Life Assurance Benefit of 3 times your salary
Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
Cycle to Work Scheme
Closing Date: 23 September 2022
This advert closes at 1700 hrs on the closing date.
Please send your covering letter, CV and Equal Opportunities form (available at http://rcp.sg/careers) to
If you have any queries please contact HR@rcpsg.ac.uk or access the recruitment package at