Date Added: 9 September 2022
: 25 September 2022
Job Title: Junior Caseworker
Working For: Sir Peter Bottomley MP (Worthing West)
Location: To be agreed
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Length of Contract: Permanent
Sir Peter Bottomley, Father of the House and Member of Parliament for West Worthing, is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working junior Caseworker to join his cheerful and dedicated team.
The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the workings of Parliament and the roles and responsibilities of an MP and their staff. Familiarity with the Worthing West constituency and West Sussex area is desirable but not necessary.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Responding promptly and accurately to routine enquiries from members of the public;
• Drafting correspondence to constituents and third parties on casework matters;
• Ensuring that each enquiry is dealt with sensitively, confidentially, and accurately in accordance with GDPR and MP requirement;
• Liaise with Government departments, executive agencies, local government and charities to resolve constituency matters;
• Assist with arranging local surgeries, public meetings and other constituency visits, and attend/follow up as appropriate;
• General administrative support across the office;
• Providing support for Sir Peter and his staff, in the execution of Parliamentary duties;
• Managing a portfolio of casework
Skills and Values:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Willingness to learn with a can-do attitude, able to take the initiative and work cohesively as part of the small team;
• Ability to manage effectively and efficiently, a large number of cases with assistance from the Senior Caseworker;
• Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office and internet research);
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure;
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 September 2022
All applications should be submitted by the closing date and interviews will follow.
We will be conducting first interviews virtually and the final interview will take place in our Westminster Office.
For any queries about the role, please contact Sally Myers.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to Sally Myers - email@example.com