Date Added: 13 September 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Learning Designer (Policymaking)
Working For: Apolitical
Length of Contract: Permanent
We're looking to expand the course creation team with a Learning Designer who has a background in policymaking. The successful candidate will have a background in policymaking with an interest in adult learning. You'll be excited about creating online learning experiences that can help public servants to be more knowledgeable, motivated and impactful. You’ll get to work with expert partners like the University of Oxford, and will be responsible for the design and development of course content. This is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills in all aspects of learning design, from facilitating design workshops, to developing effective pedagogical approaches, writing course material, overseeing filming and interacting with our public servant users.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Expand your interest in learning through on-the-job training in learning design. Previous experience in learning content is highly beneficial.
- Collaborate with expert partners to design learning on some of the most interesting topics in the world - from regulating digital platforms to gender equality and net zero- for people with the ability to really affect change
- Own your own courses, from conducting research into wide-ranging course topics to writing engaging lesson content
- Evaluate and improve the learning offering and contribute to Apolitical’s learning strategy
- Work in a team of kind people who are passionate about our mission
- 1-2 years experience in policymaking
- An interest in growing your skills in adult education
- A love of learning - you'll be working on a variety of interesting topics in a fast-moving start-up. You'll love this role if you enjoy getting your head around new topics quickly and designing content that people love.
- Strong research and writing skills - you need to be great at distilling complex concepts for a lay audience
- To be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You’re adaptable and full of great ideas about how we can improve our learning offering.
- The ability to work autonomously and present solutions to new challenges.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills - you’ll work closely with our partners and with every team in the company, from customer success to product.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Start date: ASAP
Please apply via Workable with:
- A covering letter of no more than 400 words explaining why you’d like to work for Apolitical and how your skills and experience meet the role requirements
- CV (no more than 2 pages)
- Optional: if you have a portfolio of your work, feel free to provide it as a link at the bottom of your covering letter
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.