Date Added: 13 September 2022
: 4 October 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Laurence Robertson MP (Tewkesbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: N/A
Laurence Robertson Member of Parliament for Tewkesbury, is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working Parliamentary Assistant to join his Westminster team.
The ideal candidate will have some Parliamentary experience, or at least be familiar with the workings of Parliament and the roles and responsibilities of an MP and their staff.
Skills and values:
• Hard working, good under pressure, well organised and able to work to tight deadlines. Ability to take initiatives and make suggestions.
• Passionate about, and an ability to understand, politics and to deliver improvements for the people of Tewkesbury.
• Proven and adaptable writing skills.
• A team player, willing to help other colleagues when necessary, but also with the ability to work alone.
• Honesty, reliability and complete confidentiality.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responding quickly and accurately to routine enquiries from members of the public.
• Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate.
• Assist with arranging events in Parliament.
• Undertaking research and project work.
• Providing general administration support.
• Monitor social media activity and report back any trends to the MP.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 4 October 2022
Interviews will take place in London. We may appoint before the closing date should the ideal candidate be found.
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than a page to firstname.lastname@example.org