Date Added: 17 September 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Policy Research Unit
Location: London (with possibility of remote working)
Salary: £11.05 ph (London Living Wage) – 30 hours per week
Length of Contract: Three Months
The Policy Research Unit (PRU) is a pooled research facility for around 340 Conservative MPs. Each adviser specialises in one or more policy areas, producing briefings on Parliamentary business and undertaking correspondence support for a variety of MPs.
The Unit is seeking interns to sit alongside our team of advisers for three months. PRU internships are ideally suitable for individuals looking to gain or develop knowledge of the Houses of Parliament. A structured training programme is provided with an aim to provide interns with experience in all aspects of the Unit.
Experience in a Parliamentary, political or policy role is desirable but not required.
• Helping draft policy-related correspondence
• Contributing to research projects
• Helping to draft briefings on a range of policy issues
• Helping to monitor all aspects of parliamentary activity
• Excellent written, IT and communication skills
• Analyse information from a variety of sources and identify the key themes and messages
• Ability to construct clear and concise arguments, working to tight deadlines
• Knowledge of Parliament, UK politics and current affairs
• A Levels or equivalent: ABB (or equivalent), based on your top three grades, excluding General Studies
• Existing documented right to work in the UK
• 2:1 Degree or equivalent
• Fluent English speaker
• Based in the UK
We actively promote a policy and practice of equality of opportunity in recruitment and employment for all our people - regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith or physical ability.
All applications are considered on their merit and if you are shortlisted, you will be asked to undertake a two-hour timed assessment remotely as part of the application process. You should bear in mind that the PRU’s subscribers are Conservative MPs and be comfortable supporting them in their Parliamentary duties.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Internships will run from Monday 16 January until Friday 7 April 2023 (subject to changes in the Parliamentary calendar).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We may appoint before the closing date.
The application form can be found at: http://www.pru.org.uk/careers
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com with “PRU Internship” in the subject box.
Applications without the completed application form will not be considered.