Date Added: 17 September 2022
: 12 October 2022
Job Title: Media Campaign Manager
Working For: The TaxPayers’ Alliance
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
The TaxPayers' Alliance, Britain's independent grassroots campaign for reforming taxes and public services, cutting waste and speaking up for British taxpayers, is seeking a talented and motivated campaign manager to communicate the organisation’s messages to the public through the print and broadcast media and online.
In the role, the successful candidate will:
- Work with the wider campaign team to successfully promote and represent the TPA’s mission and research
- Publicise the results of the campaign’s research programme to all media outlets, including a willingness to appear on radio and TV
- Identify and pursue news stories - for instance, through Freedom of Information requests
- Build relationships with the media and other opinion formers
- Work with the digital campaign manager to help with the TPA’s digital campaign and ensure that our website, Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels are updated regularly
- Oversee the campaign team’s media record keeping and reporting
- Draft op-eds and write proactive and reactive press releases
- Cover the media hotline on a rota basis, including some evenings and weekends
- Represent the TPA at events and speaking engagements
- Work with the grassroots campaign manager to publicise our stunts and action days, including attending them regularly
- Occasionally travel nationally and/or internationally, if required
- Fulfil other duties as reasonably requested
The successful candidate should have the following qualities and abilities:
- A demonstrable passion for campaigning for the TPA's aims and values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a confident telephone manner
- A willingness and ability to learn quickly and respond to a variety of different situations
- The ability and commitment to work to often challenging deadlines
- The ability to write concisely and accurately
- The confidence to respond quickly to economic and political events
- Established relationships with the media and in parliament
- Experience with a campaigning group or organisation
Closing Date: 12 October 2022
Interviews will be held at our office and conducted throughout this period. The position may be filled before the deadline.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please include the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
We may not be able to reply to all applicants.