Date Added: 20 September 2022
: 6 October 2022
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Leo Docherty MP (Aldershot)
Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Length of Contract: Permanent
Leo Docherty MP is looking to appoint an entry-level role in his Constituency Office in Aldershot, Hampshire. This role will ideally be full-time but part-time working could be considered.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic, reliable, highly organised, and with a keen interest in local and national politics. Experience in public-facing roles, and higher education qualifications, are desirable – but not essential.
- Triaging enquiries from constituents by telephone, email, social media and in-person.
- Handling simple casework and correspondence as required.
- Managing constituent database, logging all cases and monitoring progress.
- Helping produce high quality creative content for social media channels.
- Supporting senior office staff on the progression of constituency projects and campaigns.
- General administrative tasks as required.
Skills and Values:
- Strong communication and organisational skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Hardworking, flexible, and a good team player.
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload under pressure, and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- A good grasp of current affairs.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of The Conservative Party.
- Knowledge of Aldershot, Farnborough, Blackwater, Hawley and the surrounding areas is preferred, but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 October 2022
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. However, this advert may close early if a suitable candidate is appointed.
Please email your CV (no longer than two sides of A4) with a covering letter (no longer than one side of A4), explaining why you are suitable for the role, to Leo Docherty MP at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Constituency Assistant” in the subject line.
If you have any queries regarding the role, or this advert, please use the above email address to contact Mrs Jane Cole, Office Manager.