Date Added: 20 September 2022
: 30 September 2022
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: Bright Blue
Salary: London Living Wage
Length of Contract: 6 months
Bright Blue is an independent think tank for liberal conservatism. Our mission is to defend and improve liberal society. Our primary role is to explain, vet, change and create government policy.
We are looking for a Research Intern to join us for six months. The role is ideal for a candidate looking for training to prepare them for a career in public policy.
Based on performance, there will be an offer to become a permanent member of Bright Blue’s team at the end of the internship.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team and support the research, communications and administration of our projects. They will receive training in different research techniques, policy formulation and report writing.
We are looking for talented, hard-working people who wish to build a career and profile in public policy. The successful candidate will be industrious and have an entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrate intellectual creativity and rigour, and have excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate must have a strong background in and enjoyment of extensive research and writing.
• Conducting literature reviews and briefings for research projects.
• Designing and analysing polling, focus groups and depth interviews.
• Writing articles for Bright Blue’s Centre Write blog and other national platforms.
• Co-authoring research papers.
• Editing the work of thought leaders.
• Generating imaginative and credible policy ideas.
• Writing research proposals for potential projects.
• Helping to organise a variety of Bright Blue events.
• Drafting speaker and attendee briefings for our events.
• A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
• A good educational background.
• Excellent writing ability, critical thinking, intellectual rigour and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, a desire to learn and the ability to work independently and in teams.
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to create new work and opportunities for Bright Blue.
• A keen interest in public policy.
• Experience of working in politics or analysing policy.
• A strong background in quantitative research.
This position is based in London. There will be at least three days in the office each week and the rest working from home.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
The closing time is 9:00AM on 30th September. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Sam Robinson, Senior Research Fellow at Bright Blue, at firstname.lastname@example.org.