Date Added: 27 September 2022
: 27 October 2022
Job Title: Outreach Coordinator
Working For: Institute of Economic Affairs
Length of Contract: Permanent
Reporting to the Head of Outreach, this is a full-time position, to start as soon as available in 2022. You will work at the IEA office in Westminster, in a highly motivated team supporting our research team and building relations with and expanding our outreach to students, teachers, academics, international think tanks and civil society organisations
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organised, results-oriented team player with good interpersonal skills, capable of delivering projects from start to finish. The role will involve some travel (mostly daytrips within the UK). Hours can be irregular, to suit the timing of events. Specific educational experience is not required, but these attributes are an advantage:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills, including proven event management.
- Experience of working with students, teachers, and academics in the field of economics is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including editing experience.
- Experience designing the curricula for, and the running of educational programmes is required.
- Good tech-literacy, capable of using common office and mobile communication tools (including excel).
- Experience with customer related databases – Salesforce preferred.
- Proficient knowledge in marketing and communication skills.
- Experience working with relevant stakeholders and partner organisations.
- History of developing and growing organisational relationships that promote the mission of the organisation.
- Knowledge of key economic concepts and a passion and enthusiasm for the IEA’s mission.
- Willingness to work flexible and unsocial hours.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Managing the IEA’s outreach to schools and teachers. Tasks include marketing events, coordinating speakers, providing administrative support for applications, liaising with schools and the running of sixth form conferences
- Managing the IEA’s outreach to Universities and Academics including managing databases of student societies, postgraduates, and academics, building relations, maintaining regular communication, and inviting to IEA and Vinson Centre events.
- Running the IEA’s Alumni relations including events and communication.
- Running the IEA’s Summer and Sixth Form Programme for 200 students.
Closing Date: 27 October 2022
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed on a rolling basis, aimed at starting as soon as possible in 2022.
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae
- Covering letter explaining why you are the best person for the job