Date Added: 15 October 2022
: 30 November 2022
Job Title: Office and Campaigns Manager
Working For: Harrogate and Knaresborough Conservative Association
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Harrogate and Knaresborough Conservative Association is seeking a full-time Association and Campaigns manager. The Campaign Manager will work across all elections within the constituency, including elections for North Yorkshire Council, PCFC elections, General Elections and forthcoming Mayoral elections for a combined authority.
The key to this role is good administrational discipline, creating and adhering to an approved business plan and communicating with a wide audience across the constituency. Whilst working hours will require some flexibility, core hours reflect normal office work, with a number of out of office social events and campaigning activities.
This role is ideally suited to an enthusiastic and ambitious on-the-ground campaigner who enjoys a wide-ranging role. The incumbent is required to fulfil all tasks around the constituency that lead to increased membership, higher awareness of our voters and a direction of travel to win elections.
The role has two key priorities – we would consider two part time roles but hope to secure a full time position for both priorities.
• Build positive relations with members and potential members
• Carry out events to meet income objectives and social interaction of members
• Provide operational support for HKCA’s political stakeholders – members, Councillors, PCFC, MP and Mayoral candidates
• Establishing direct contact with voters through newsletter creation and desktop publications
• Build and maintain an operational network of volunteers
• Maintain a databank of key contributors for leafletting, canvassing and record keeping
• Raising the profile of all electoral candidates in the constituency
• Improve social media awareness profiles
• Managing key electoral events Get Out The Vote, Election Day plans and actions
Key skills for candidates
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong written skills and communication skills, interacting with people
• Good office skills using MS, mailchimp, desktop publications
• Willingness to lead and motivate colleagues, volunteers and electoral candidates
• Experience in raising funds through events and actions
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
Interviews to take place through December 2022
Job start date early 2023 preferred
Please send a covering letter and CV of up to two pages addressed to The Chairman, Graham Swift, Harrogate and Knaresborough Conservative Association, 57 East Parade, Harrogate HG1 5LQ or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org