Date Added: 21 October 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Policy Manager – Artificial Intelligence and Digital Ethics
Working For: techUK
Salary: £32,000-£44,000 per annum based upon experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in enabling the future direction of AI and Digital Ethics in the UK. At a time when there are big questions being asked about the legal and regulatory landscape for AI in the UK and EU, we’re looking for someone that can join techUK and ensure we remain relevant, credible and an influential voice in the AI and Digital Ethics community, debate and discussion.
You will be responsible for ensuring techUK’s views and positions on key issues being raised by the development and adoption of emerging AI and related technologies, including facial recognition, remain up to date, responsive to events of the day and relevant to the public debate happening across the UK, EU and globally.
You will support the Head of AI and Digital Identity to deliver a successful programme of work and activities, building on techUK’s already established work in this area, such as techUK’s AI Leaders Lunchtime Lectures, our annual AI campaign week and the annual Digital Ethics Summit, as well as developing new, exciting opportunities through webinars, roundtables, podcasts and other events that continue to position techUK as an expert in the AI and digital ethics community and debate.
- Spearhead and drive the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s thought leadership and policy recommendations on AI and Digital Ethics
- Become an engaged participant in the UK’s AI community ensuring techUK’s voice on issues of the day are relevant, credible and influential by building trusted stakeholder relationships and an external reputation
- Delivering value to techUK member companies by leading techUK’s Leadership Committees, Digital Ethics Working Group and organising the annual Digital Ethics Summit
- Be responsible for maintaining and growing techUK's membership base in AI and Digital Ethics
- Work closely with other techUK teams to assist in a successful programme of press coverage, events, internal and external marketing and ensure they are kept fully informed of major policy initiatives
To view the full job description: https://www.techuk.org/who-we-are/careers-at-techuk/opportunities/policy-manager-ai-and-digital-ethics.html
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
This is a full-time role based out of techUK's London offices with flexibility for hybrid working.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
To apply for this role, please send your application with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.