Date Added: 1 November 2022
: 30 November 2022
Job Title: Political Stakeholder Engagement
Working For: Taylor Wimpey
Location: High Wycombe
Length of Contract: Permanenet
The key area of focus for this role will be to assist in the successful planning and delivery of public affairs engagement on behalf of the Company. This will include responding to political stakeholders, particularly letters and queries from MP’s offices. You will be the point of contact for MP communication by managing the internal information flow and responding to written requests in a timely, accurate fashion, with excellent English and written in a politically aware tone and with the organisation’s values front of mind.
Other focus areas:
- Develop and deliver a stakeholder (MP) engagement plan in line with the company’s overarching political engagement strategy.
- Work closely with local Business Units on political engagement, preparing briefings and supporting their meetings with MPs.
- Manage/Write/Respond/Oversee all MP enquiries - Manage correspondence with identified key stakeholders ensuring all responses are timely, accurate and of high quality in both tone and content.
- Ensure all stakeholder engagement is recorded and logged appropriately and regular engagement reports are provided to the relevant departments within the business.
- Support with media / customer / investor enquiries as required – this will be particularly important where political stakeholders are concerned but may also be required outside of this. Communications may include customer letters, media statements, and background briefing notes.
- The successful candidate will have experience within or engaging with Political Stakeholders - MPs, Local Authorities, LEP, Whitehall.
- The candidate may be working within an MPs office, LEP, Public Affairs or for local authorities writing reports /press releases for and presenting to board level individuals.
- Communication skills in both written an oral must be to the highest level.
- Experience managing political stakeholders is essential for this role.
- Ability to develop relationships and build trust amongst internal and external stakeholders, using diplomacy at every stage
- Clear written communication skills and attention to detail
- Project management, organisational and planning skills
- Ability to analyse data, interpret changing environments and present briefings to a variety of audiences at various levels in the organisation.
- Degree level
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
Interview Dates : ASAP
Start Date: ASAP