Date Added: 1 November 2022
: 27 November 2022
Job Title: Communications and Media Officer
Working For: The Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP (Bournemouth East)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP (Chair of the Defence Select Committee and MP for Bournemouth East) has a vacancy for a full-time Parliamentary staff member to join his team in his busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will help design and create video content for social media and provide administrative support. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office. You will be responsible for all aspects of Tobias’ media presence, so candidates should feel comfortable managing and creating content for multiple social media accounts as well as engaging with National and local press.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating content for social media including graphics and videos in a timely manner.
• Writing and sending the newsletter related to the members activities.
• Engaging with the press and arranging meetings/ interviews.
• Managing the members social media accounts.
• Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to Data Protection Act principles at all times.
• Updating member of developments in local and national media.
• Other administrative tasks assigned by the Office Manager.
• Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of Tobias' office.
• Competency with Adobe video and photo editing software.
• Understanding/interest of the wider UK security issues.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Motivation to provide high quality service to constituents.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Outlook).
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
Interviews are planned to be held on a rolling basis, but we are looking to appoint someone as soon as possible if the right applicant is found.
Applicants are required to submit a video that would be suitable for Tobias’ social media along with CV and a short covering letter. This task is designed to showcase your abilities using editing software however the applicant must ensure the content should be relevant to Tobias’ work in Westminster. If you have any questions regarding the task, please direct them to the email address below.
Please email your CV, covering letter and video to email@example.com with the subject line "Communications & Media Officer".