Date Added: 2 November 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Alex Davies-Jones MP (Pontypridd)
Location: South Wales/Pontypridd
Salary: £25,000 FTE
Length of Contract: Permanent with a six month probation period
Alex Davies-Jones MP is looking for a part-time caseworker to join her friendly and busy Pontypridd constituency team.
The role will comprise of 22.5 hours a week to be worked over 3 days.
Our preference is to have the successful applicant work on a Wednesday and Friday, with the third day to be flexible.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with casework and communication skills, who works well in a small team and has a desire to help find solutions.
You will provide advice and support to constituents on a range of issues, including immigration, housing, welfare, financial and health, and help to resolve problems through liaison with UK and Welsh Government agencies, Councils, third sector and other stakeholders and organisations.
You will also attend events and meetings with the MP, including regular advice surgeries in the constituency.
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Research local and regional issues to support the Member’s work
- Manage projects under the direction of the Member/ Office Manager
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR requirements
- Gather relevant information to manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Attend meetings in the Member’s place as appropriate
- Ensure all cases are logged, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Build upon the existing social media presence in the constituency
- Follow up on social media queries/comments
- Publicise local events
- Draft letters/local comms
- Contribute to the Member's wesite + social media channels for local issues
- Ability to manage a wide range of written and telephone enquiries
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience of working in a public-facing role.
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to efficiency
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
Successful applicants at interview stage will be required to complete a task. Further information will be made available ahead of the interview.
Start date: Ideally ASAP.
Applicants should send a cover letter (no more than one page) and a CV (no more than two pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:
'APPLICATION - CASEWORKER - First name, Second name'
Due to an anticipated high level of applications, only those shortlisted for interview will receive feedback.