Date Added: 7 November 2022
: 2 December 2022
Job Title: Policy Officer
Working For: The Quoted Companies Alliance
Length of Contract: Permanent
The Quoted Companies Alliance is the independent membership organisation that champions the interests of small to mid-sized quoted companies in the UK. We have around 300 members in total, including over 200 quoted company members and over 80 advisory members drawn from market participants such as investors, brokers, accountants and lawyers. Together, we seek to create an environment where these businesses can grow and deliver sustainable long-term benefits for investors and wider society.
We are a small team of nine, with an office based in the City of London. The environment is professional, hard-working and friendly. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with high-growth businesses that are integral to the UK economy.
- Coordinate and minute the meetings of the QCA’s seven policy Expert Groups (made up of business leaders and professionals)
- Conduct desk research to support positions on policy papers and responses to consultation papers from the UK Government and regulators
- Monitor the status of consultations and research any regulatory issues that affect quoted companies, including the collation of statistics on members and markets
- Contribute to surveys on policy and market issues to help inform campaigns and consultation responses
- Communicate to the membership the organisation’s campaigns through writing contributing articles for newsletters, website, etc.
- Assist the policy team in wider campaigns
- Contribute to the work of other departments
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field (or equivalent experience);
- At least a year's professional experience in policy, research, analysis or report writing;
- Good analysis skills;
- Ability to summarise statistical information;
- Ability to work with a broad range of individuals;
- Ability to develop a concept and turn it into a finished offering;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good attention to detail;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and experience of using a CRM system; and
- An inquisitive mind.
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday (9.00am to 5.30pm). There may be instances though when you will be required to attend events and meetings which are held outside of office hours.
Please note that you must have indefinite leave to remain and right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 2 December 2022
W/c 14 November 2022.
Please send a covering letter and your C.V. to Jack Marshall (Jack.Marshall@theqca.com).