Date Added: 7 November 2022
: 9 December 2022
Job Title: Constituency Office Manager
Working For: Elliot Colburn MP (Carshalton and Wallington)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Length of Contract: Permanent
Elliot Colburn MP is looking to recruit a Constituency Office Manager in his constituency office in Carshalton, South London.
• Supervise constituency office team members in the delivery of casework responsibilities
• Lead a professional administrative support function
• Manage the MP’s diary and email inbox
• Implement outreach projects
• Work closely with the MP’s Chief of Staff
• Deal with large numbers of queries, as well as assisting on complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Assist with constituent surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Manage work experience and apprenticeship programs
• Experience working in an MP’s office
• Highly organised and able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to supervise other team members and work effectively as part of a team
• A highly motivated staff member with a positive can-do attitude
• Outstanding written and verbal skills with keen attention to detail
• A calm and sympathetic manner with an ability to deal with difficult situations
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 December 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend first round interviews before the end of the first week of December.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter, outlining why they are suitable for the role they are applying for, to Lewis Preston, Mr Colburn’s Chief of Staff, by email: email@example.com
For the Constituency Office Manager role, please include "COM application" in the subject line of the email.
26/11/2022 - Closing date extended