Date Added: 8 November 2022
: 5 December 2022
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: David Rutley MP (Macclesfield)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Length of Contract: Permanent
David Rutley is looking to appoint a proactive and hardworking Parliamentary Assistant to join his team in Westminster. The position would suit a highly motivated, strong team player with excellent attention to detail and experience of working in Parliament.
Responsiblities will include:
- Responding to correspondence and enquiries from members of the public on policy and casework issues
- Liaising with Government Departments, Cheshire East Council, the voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Managing and progressing all types of casework, working in a professional, confidential and sensitive manner
- Producing high quality written responses on a range of issues
- Assisting with diary management and arranging events in Parliament
- Undertaking research and project work
- Providing support with general administration
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 December 2022
Interviews will take place in London - date tbc. David may appoint before the closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter to David's Chief of Staff : email@example.com