Date Added: 8 November 2022
: 1 December 2022
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: The Rt Hon Amanda Milling MP (Cannock Chase)
Location: Hednesford, Staffordshire
Salary: £21,529 to £26,000 per year depending on experience
Length of Contract: Permanent
Amanda Milling, Member of Parliament for Cannock Chase, is looking to recruit a full-time caseworker to join her constituency office team based in Hednesford, Staffordshire.
The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic, highly organised, and with a keen interest in helping people. Some experience of working in a political setting would be an advantage, but is not a requirement.
Candidates would ideally have an understanding of at least one of the following - good customer service, problem solving, knowledge of the benefits system/local government or knowledge of handling casework. However, for the right candidate, full training will be given and experience is not essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• Drafting correspondence from the MP
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Taking phone calls and answering the office door to constituents
• Getting to know and understand local issues, so that local knowledge is reflected in case handling
• Keeping accurate records in our casework management system and monitoring case progress
• General office administration and support, including the dispatching of correspondence
• Assist with other office tasks as required.
The successful candidate will:
• Be sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as be a team player
• Have some experience of working with members of the public
• Taking initiative and work proactively to manage competing deadlines, to prioritise tasks and work independently
• Have an excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications
• Have the ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
• Understand the importance of good customer services
This is a rewarding role working with a lovely constituency office team.
Please note that due to the volume of applications that may be received, it is not possible to respond to every applicant.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 December 2022
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, the position may be appointed before the close date.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a Covering letter to Robert Pritchard (Office Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org